Live Prestige Baccarat
Live Prestige Baccarat is played with an eight deck shoe and follows the standard Baccarat rules. The game is based around two hand positions, Player and Banker, and the aim is to predict which of the positions will have a value closer to 9 once all the cards have been dealt.
In Baccarat, the number cards 2 through 10 are worth their face values, Aces are worth 1, and the picture cards (Jack, Queen and King) are all worth 10. If the hand has a value larger than 10 then 10 is subtracted from the total, e.g. a hand of 16 is worth 6.
There are just three possible bets in Baccarat, Player, Banker and Tie. However, there are many side bets that are worth exploring.
How a Round Works
At the start of a round, players need to bet on the Player, Banker or Tie positions. At the same time, it is possible to place side bets. The dealer then deals two cards face-up to each position. The first to the player, the next to the banker, the third to the player and the fourth to the banker.
There are some situations in which a third card is dealt to one or both positions.
- If the Player or the Banker position has a total of 8 or 9 it is called a Natural and receives no more cards.
- If the Player has a total of 6 or 7 then they stand.
- If the Player stands, the Banker will draw a card if they have a total of 5 or less.
- If the Player has a total of 5 or less then the player draws a third card.
If the player does receive a third card then the banker will also do so in the following situations:
- If the Banker has a total of 0, 1 or 2.
- If the Banker has a total of 3 then they will draw if the Player’s third card was 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, or 0 (not 8).
- If the Banker has a total of 4 they will draw if the Player’s third card was 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7.
- If the Banker has a total of 5 they will draw if the Player’s third card was 4, 5, 6 or 7.
- If the Banker has a total of 6 they will draw if the Player’s third card was 6 or 7.
- If the Banker has a total of 7 they will always stand.
Once all cards have been dealt, any winning bets are paid out.
The game offers the standard Baccarat payout of 0.95:1 for a winning Banker bet, 1:1 for a Player, and 8:1 for a winning Tie bet.
Features and Side Bets
Those who make use of roadmap scorecards to look for patterns will see that the Bead Road, Big Road, Small Road, Big Eye Road and Cockroach Road scorecards are displayed by default at the bottom of the screen. It is possible to enlarge each of them and to select which will be displayed.
There are many side bets available in Live Prestige Baccarat. There are four bets that deal with the first two cards dealt to each position, Player Pair, Banker Pair, Either Pair and Perfect Pair. The Player Pair and Banker Pair bets are on the first two cards being deal to the respective positions forming a pair, such as the 7 of Spades and 7 of Diamonds, and it pays at 11:1. The Either Pair side bet is on either of the positions being dealt a pair and it pays at 5:1. The Perfect Pair side bet is on either of the positions being dealt two identical cards, such as two 5 of Hearts, and it pays 25:1.
There are also Big and Small side bets. The Big side bet wins if the total number of cards dealt two the two positions is 5 or 6 and it pays at 0.54:1. The Small side bet pays out of the total number of cards dealt to the two positions is 4 and it pays at 1.5:1.
There is also a set of side bets called Egalite Tie. This is a bet on the value of tied hands. 0 pays out 150:1, 1 pays out 215:1, 2 pays out 220:1, 3 pays out 200:1, 4 pays out 120:1, 5 pays out 110:1, 6 and 7 pay out 45:1, and 8 and 9 payout 80:1