How To Play
Live American Roulette follows the standard rules of the game found in many land casinos around the world. It is played with an American Roulette wheel featuring the numbers 0 - 36 as well as the additional ‘00’ segment.
The dealer releases a ball into the spinning wheel and you need to bet on which numbered segment you think it will come to rest on. You need to place you chips on the betting area, just as you would in a land casino, and then you can watch as the croupier releases the ball and it comes to a stop in the wheel.
When you look at the Roulette wheel you will see that the numbers do not run sequentially around it and that they are coloured red or black, except for 0 and 00, which are green. On top of this, the betting area has a carefully designed layout with different groupings of numbers. Thanks to all of this, in addition to betting on individual numbers, you can also bet on different types of groups of numbers. These groups may be formed by the layout of the wheel and betting area, or they can be numbers that share characteristics, such as all the odd numbers.
Because of all of this, there are many different bet types that can be placed. The standard ones are as follows:
- Straight Up: A bet on a specific number.
- Split Bet: A bet on two adjacent numbers on the betting area.
- Street Bet: A bet on three numbers in a vertical line (a street) on the betting area.
- Square Bet:A bet on four numbers that form a square on the betting area.
- Basket Bet: A bet on the numbers 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3.
- Line Bet:A bet on six numbers, two streets that are next to each another in the betting area.
- Column Bet: A bet on the twelve numbers that make up a horizontal line in the betting area.
- Dozen Bet:A bet on the first, second or third group of 12 numbers (1-12, 13-24 and 25-36).
- Red/Black Bet:A bet on the ball either a red or a black number.
- Even/Odd Bet: A bet on all the even or all the odd numbers.
- Low/High Bet: A bet on whether the ball will land on a low or high number (1 – 18 or 19 – 36).
In addition to the betting area, there are shortcut buttons to place Final, Complete Bets and Half Complete bets:
- Final Bet:This is a bet on all the numbers that share the same last number. For example, a final bet on the number 1 would place chips on 1, 11, 21 and 31.
- Complete Bet:This covers all the betting positions associated with a certain number. The bet consists of a Straight Bet, Split Bet, Corner Bet, Street Bet and Line Bet.
- Half-Complete Bet:This covers the same betting positions as the Complete bet, but without the Street and Line Bets.
The smallest payout offered is 1:1 for betting on large groups of numbers, such as the Reds, Blacks, Odds or Evens. Column and Dozen bets both payout 2:1, Line Number bets payout at 5:1, Basket bets payout at 6:1, Square bets payout at 8:1, Street bets payout at 11:1, Split bets payout at 17:1 and Straight Up bets offer the top payout of 35:1.