How To Play
Live Grand Baccarat is a standard game of Baccarat played with eight decks of cards that have been shuffled into a shoe. As is usual, the aim of the game is to bet on whether the player or the banker will build a hand of cards that is closer in value to 9.
At the start of a round, you can place your bets on Player, Banker or Tie. You can also place a number of side bets at this point. When the bets are placed, the dealer will deal two face up cards to each of the player and banker positions.
In Baccarat, Aces are worth 1, cards 2 to 10 are worth their face values, and the face cards (Jack, Queen and King) are all worth ten. The card values added together to give you the value of a hand. If the value is ten or more, then ten is subtracted from the total. For example, a hand of 13 is worth 3.
Depending on the value of the hands, a third card may be dealt to one or both positions. The rules that govern this are as follows:
- If the Player or the Banker has a total of 8 or 9 then they always stand.
- If the Player has a total of 6 or 7 then they stand.
- If the Player stands, the Banker will draw a card if they have a total of 5 or less.
- If the Player has a total of 5 or less then the player draws a third card.
If the player does receive a third card then the banker will also do so in the following situations:
- If the Banker has a total of 0, 1 or 2.
- If the Banker has a total of 3 then they will draw if the Player’s third card was 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, or 0 (not 8).
- If the Banker has a total of 4 they will draw if the Player’s third card was 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7.
- If the Banker has a total of 5 they will draw if the Player’s third card was 4, 5, 6 or 7.
- If the Banker has a total of 6 they will draw if the Player’s third card was 6 or 7.
- If the Banker has a total of 7 they will always stand.
At the end of a round the position whose hand is closest to 9 wins. The game offers the standard Baccarat payout of 0.95:1 for a winning Banker bet, 1:1 for a Player, and 8:1 for a winning Tie bet.
Features and Side Bets
As mentioned, there are many potentially lucrative side bets in Live Grand Baccarat.
The basic side bets are Player Pair, Banker Pair, Either Pair, Perfect Pair, Big and Small. The Player Pair and Banker Pair bets payout if the first two cards dealt to a position form a pair, for example the 2 of Diamonds and the 2 of Clubs. This bet pays out at 11:1. The Either Pair side bet pays out if either the Banker’s or the Player’s first two cards form a pair, it pays at 5:1. The Perfect Pair bet pays out if the first two cards dealt to the Player or the Banker form a pair of the same suit, for example two 7 of Diamonds. It pays at 25:1.
The Big side bet pays out if the total number of cards dealt between the Player and Banker is 5 or 6, it pays at 0.54:1. The Small side bet pays out of the total number of cards dealt between the Player and Banker is 4, it pays at 1.5:1.
There is also a set of side bets called Egalite Tie. This is a bet on the value of tied hands. 0 pays out 150:1, 1 pays out 215:1, 2 pays out 220:1, 3 pays out 200:1, 4 pays out 120:1, 5 pays out 110:1, 6 and 7 pay out 45:1, and 8 and 9 payout 80:1
Those who use scorecards to spot patterns in the game have the choice of five different cards to display, the Big Road, Bead Road, Big Eye Road, Small Road and Cockroach.