How To Play
Live Prestige Baccarat follows the standard rules of the game. It is played with an eight deck shoe and the aim of the game is to bet on whether the Banker or Player positions will have a hand that is closer in value to 9.
At the start of the round, players can bet on Banker, Player or Tie. It is also possible to place a number of side bets. After the betting period is over, the dealer deals two face-up cards to each position.
In Baccarat, the number cards 2 to 10 are worth their face values, Jacks, Queens and Kings are worth 10 and Aces are worth 1. The values of the cards are added together and if the total is greater than 10, then 10 is subtracted from the total. For instance, a hand of 15 is worth 5.
There are some circumstances in which a third card is dealt to one or both of the positions:
- If the Player or the Banker position has a total of 8 or 9 then they always stand.
- If the Player position has a total of 6 or 7 then it stands.
- If the Player position stands and the Banker position has a total of 5 or less then the Banker position draws a card.
- If the Player has a total of 5 or less then the player draws a third card.
If the Player position receives a third card, then the Banker position will also do so in the following situations:
- If the Banker has a total of 0, 1 or 2.
- If the Banker has a total of 3 then they will draw if the Player’s third card was 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, or 0 (not 8).
- If the Banker has a total of 4 they will draw if the Player’s third card was 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7.
- If the Banker has a total of 5 they will draw if the Player’s third card was 4, 5, 6 or 7.
- If the Banker has a total of 6 they will draw if the Player’s third card was 6 or 7.
- If the Banker has a total of 7 they will always stand.
At the end of a round, the position with the total closest to 9 wins. The game offers the standard Baccarat payout of 0.95:1 for a winning Banker bet, 1:1 for a Player, and 8:1 for a winning Tie bet.
Features and Side Bets
Live Prestige Baccarat features five different scorecards to help players spot trends. The Big Road, Bead Road, Big Eye Road, Small Road and Cockroach are displayed by default at the bottom of the screen and players can enlarge them if they so wish.
The game offers numerous side bets that players can use to try to win more. There are six main side bets, Player Pair, Banker Pair, Either Pair, Perfect Pair, Big and Small. The Player/Banker Pair bets are on the first two cards being dealt to one of the positions being a pair, such as the 3 of Spades and the 3 of Hearts, and the bet pays at 11:1. The Either Pair bet is on either of the positions being dealt a pair and it pays at 5:1. The Perfect Pair bet wins if the first two cards dealt to either position form a pair of the same suit, such as two 3 of Clubs, and it pays at 25:1.
The Big side bet wins if the total number of cards dealt between the two positions, Player and Banker, is 5 or 6 and it pays at 0.54:1. The Small side bet wins if the total number of cards dealt between the Player and Banker is 4 and it pays at 1.5:1.
There is a special set of side bets called Egalite Tie. They are bets on the specific value of a Tie. For instance, a bet that both positions will be worth 6. 0 pays out 150:1, 1 pays out 215:1, 2 pays out 220:1, 3 pays out 200:1, 4 pays out 120:1, 5 pays out 110:1, 6 and 7 pay out 45:1, and 8 and 9 payout 80:1