There is a simple ‘Wild’ symbol; it will substitute for all of the other symbols, except for the scatter symbols, to help and form winning combinations.
The scatter symbol features Poseidon’s trident in front of a temple and it is the key to one of the bonus features.
Any spin of the reels can trigger one of five respin features. For each of the features, the reels will expand to 6 rows and the number of paylines increases to 60. The positions with the scatter symbols are replaced with feature frames and additional frames may be added to other positions. The feature frames trigger various different features depending on the specific mode and the symbols that land in them. The features are as follows:
- Poseidon Respins – If a high value symbol lands in a feature frame, all instances of that symbol become wild.
- Athena Respins – If a wild lands within a feature frame, it expands to all 8 adjacent symbol positions.
- Medusa Respins – Every purple frame comes with a multiplier value. If you get a win with 2 or more purple frames then the biggest multiplier is applied. The respins continue until you land no more wins or when all purple frames have been removed from the reels.
- Cyclops Respins – If a wild lands inside a green frame, the wild expands horizontally on the same row.
- Pegasus Respins – If a low value symbol appears inside a blue frame, all low value symbols will transform into the triggering low value symbol for bigger wins.
If you land three scatter symbols anywhere on the reels it will trigger one of five free spins games. In each of the free spins modes the reels expand to 8 rows and have a total of 90 paylines. The scatter symbol positions are replaced with feature frames and it is possible for more frames to be added. The frames will trigger different features depending on the mode that is triggered. Initially you win 5 free spins, but landing two or three more scatters awards 3 or 5 more spins respectively. Furthermore, any scatters that land during the free spins leave a feature frame in their place. The free spins modes are as follows:
- Poseidon Free Games – If a high value symbol lands in a feature frame then all instances of that symbol become wild.
- Athena Free Games – If a wild lands inside a red feature frame it will expand into the 8 adjacent positions.
- Medusa Free Games – Each purple feature frame has a multiplier. If you land a win with a symbol inside the purple frame, the multiplier is applied. Wins that include 2 or more purple frames will receive the bigger multiplier.
- Cyclops Free Games – If a wild symbol lands in a feature frame then it will expand to all position in the same row.
- Pegasus Free Games – If a low value symbol appears inside a blue frame, all low value symbols will transform into the triggering low value symbol for bigger wins.
On any spin in the base game, one symbol can be chosen to land stacked on multiple reels.
As with all the games in this series, the slot gives you the chance of winning the four Age of the Gods progressive jackpots. All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is keep the reels spinning as the jackpot game can begin at any time, regardless of what lands on the reels, and once it begins you are sure to win one of the four jackpots. In the jackpot game, you will see a grid of twenty gold coins and you need to pick them one at a time. Each of the coins represents one of the jackpots and when you have found three matching symbols, you win the corresponding jackpot. From largest to smallest the jackpots on offer are: Ultimate Power, Super Power, Extra Power or Power.
The slot offers a top regular payout of 250x for landing five wilds across a payline. Poseidon can payout up to 100x, Athena up to 60x, Medusa up to 40x, and Cyclops and Pegasus can both payout up to 20x. A can payout up to 16x, K up to 14x, and Q, J and 10 can all payout up to 10x.