The Superman ‘S’ logo is the wild symbol, it can substitute for all of the other symbols, except the bonus symbol, to help and form winning combinations.
The scatter symbol is the Daily Planet logo.
The Superman Wild feature can begin at any point while playing. Superman will fly across the reels and turn between two and four symbols into wilds before the reels are re-evaluated for payouts.
When the Daily Planet bonus symbol lands on reels one, three and five simultaneously the Headline Bonus game begins. You will see five different newspaper headlines scroll past and need to click on ‘Stop’ to randomly select one and trigger its bonus. The bonuses are as follows:
- Battle For Metropolis – You need to fight the villains from Krypton over the rooftops of the city through a series of picking games. Pick from shields to reveal prizes, x-rays, kryptonite or ‘Collect’. X-rays reveal all the prizes, the kryptonite is stored and it will cancel the next ‘Collect’ found.
- Phantom Zone – You win unlimited free spins with a special 2x2 wild Phantom Zone added to the reels on each spin and acting as a wild. With each spin an item is selected by a special superhero reel, it can award multipliers, ‘S’ logos or explosives. The explosives end the round but the ‘S’ logos will cancel the next explosive.
- Skyline Fight – You win ten free spins that begin with a 1x multiplier. If Superman lands on the third reel the free spins countdown stops and landing additional Superman symbols increases the payout multiplier by 1x to a maximum of 5x. Landing Zod on the third reel will reset the multiplier and restart the countdown.
- X-Ray Vision Free Spins – You win fifteen free spins during which the X-ray symbol will turn wild when it lands on the third reel and add an extra wild symbol to reels two and four.
- Lois and Clark Bonus – This is a picking game where you select from the Superman logos until you find five matching colours and win a prize.
The progressive jackpot game can begin at any point while playing and once it starts you are sure to win one of the four DC Superheroes Progressive Jackpots. In the game, you will see a grid of twenty covered jackpot icons and you need to reveal them one at a time to see what colour they are. Each colour represents one of the four jackpots and when uncovered it will fill up a segment in the corresponding jackpot’s meter. You win the first jackpot whose meter you fill. The Mini jackpot is won by finding two green icons, the Minor jackpot is won with three blue icons, the Major jackpot is won with four yellow icons and the massive Grand jackpot is won by finding five red icons.
In addition to the progressive jackpots, the wild symbol offers the top fixed payout of 5,000x. Superman can payout up to 1,000x, Lois Lane can payout up to 300x, General Zod can payout up to 200x, Otis and Ursa can both payout up to 150x, and Clark Kent’s glasses and the kryptonite can payout up to 100x. A and K can both payout up to 75x and Q and J can both payout up to 50x.